Seven-year-old Jena Ganal from Colorado was paralyzed after being bitten by a tick at a summer camp.
According to Daily Mail, ten days after returning from the summer camp, the girl felt that she had a hard time moving her legs. First, her mother, Heidi thought the child’s feet were simply numb and didn’t pay too much attention.
Her parents took Jena to a hospital when the girl could no longer walk. She was diagnosed with paralysis after a tick bite in which case a person’s organism is poisoned with the toxin of a tick’s spit. Doctors really found a tick on the girl’s skin. Jena’s mother said she had removed a couple of pests from her daughter’s hair and might have not noticed the others.
Doctors weren’t sure they could remove the tick, and the wife and child had to wait nearly 2 hours, but the doctors eventually managed to remove the tick and treated the wound.
The girl is currently recovering, and the extremities are starting to move. The mother warns other parents to be more careful with their children since now she knows the danger of a tick bite.